Saturday, January 3, 2015

Current State of Affairs

Ha! I wouldn't mind an affair.

Currently there are a couple of women "in my life." Which means that I think about them more than I think about women who aren't in my life. If that makes sense, great.

The first is a big crush. Crushes, for me, come in different sizes or intensities. This one was pretty huge, but I am working hard on eliminating it from my psyche. Crushes, generally, are not especially healthy. They are one-sided and somewhat obsessive. And it has become clear, even to me, that this particular woman (awesome as she is) is just not interested in getting to know me better. So I need to let this crush go and move on with my life. Getting better all the time.

The second woman is a weird story that hasn't gotten to a point where I can conclude anything. I was wearing my self-made scarf at a store and a worker there gushed over it, as is sometimes the case. The next time I saw her she gushed some more and asked me to make her a scarf. I laughed the idea off. Heck, I hadn't touched a crochet hook for 30+ years. The next time I saw her she asked me to make her a scarf again - I asked her if her fiancé wouldn't be jealous - she said that the ring on her wedding finger was just a ring she liked and there was no fiancé. I saw her again and asked her what she wanted in the way of a scarf and she didn't give me any guidance. Over the holidays I eventually managed to get to the Yarn Store, bought some yarn and a crochet hook and looked up scarf making on the internet. Over the course of a few days I made an attempt at a scarf - even put tassels on it. Not awesome, but better than nothing. Next task, figuring out how to give it to her - since I only know her from her work place. Eventually I came up with a solution - put it in a bag in the car. Check to see if she was working and then pop back out to the car and somehow give it to her. I also put my phone number on the bag in case she wanted to contact me outside of her work place. It all worked out on Friday. And I haven't heard from her. I don't really expect to - as I try to live without expectations. Hahahahaha. At least I try. Hopes, sure, expectations, well, hopefully not.

Meanwhile I got sucked into another dating site - bait and switch and I fell for it. Sigh. And I keep plugging along on Match.com. My next relationship post will be about Match.com - I really want to change my profile soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment