Thursday, March 27, 2014

New Profile Thoughts

To paraphrase the Emperor Joseph II to Mozart in Amadeus - "There are too many words." This is in reference to my profiles. I know when I am looking at a woman's profile, too many words can be a little off putting. But if I am interested enough, I will slog through. Too few words is off putting too. Finding the right balance - well, that takes effort. This is what I have come up with. Comments are welcome.

"Dear Potential Partner,

Finding a date or even a life partner, is a bit like looking for someone to fill a job. As the hiring manager, are you primarily looking for reasons to hire someone? Or are you looking for reasons to not hire someone? If you truly want a relationship, focus on the positive; if you don't want a relationship, focus on the negative. My guess is that most people look at profiles and focus on the negative.

My positives: intelligent, funny, honest, moderately handsome (a friend recently told me I was "even more handsome in person"), curious, adventurous (not thrill seeking), creative, productive, energetic, educated, traveled, polite, patient, indefatigable, happy, all around cool guy, and, as you can tell, humble.

My negatives - well - you can decide what those are all on your own.

I seek someone whose positive qualities are in line with mine.

As another friend said - for me, trying to put describe myself in words is "like a dance trying to hang itself on the wall of a museum." Meeting me is probably the only way to start to "get" me. But writing me a note is a good start."

So, what do you think? And should I add my allegory/story thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment