Sunday, March 2, 2014

March 1

I guess I will continue this thing. It makes me feel like I am trying to move forward on my dating situation. Even if all I am really doing is beating my head against a wall...

First Note - A long shot - of course. :) She lives in CA - a 41 year old OKC woman - not high percentages - 58% Match 57% Friend 16% Enemy - but she looked at my profile - or at least OKC said she did - she didn't write - so that is not a good sign either - but what the heck, I need to start clearing out some of these open tabs! (See her response below)

Second Note - G&G - OKC - 69% Match 69% Friend 29% Enemy - 54 - No profile text and basically one picture. I looked at her. She looked at me. I decided to write just because I could.

Third Note - Match.com - 41 year old woman who wants to date her next door neighbor. I dropped her a nice line.

Not a new note - to a POF woman who sent me a note or two - but is obviously getting inundated and doesn't find me interesting enough to get to know me better. Doesn't hurt to send it...

Fourth Note - G&G - 46 year old POF Woman - she lives a little far away and seems a bit on the conservative side - I wrote her an ok note. Not my best effort by far.

Fifth Note - another G&G - POF 38 year old woman (hence the G&G) - Says she is a Free Thinker - but everything about her screams conservative...

Sixth Note - Match.com woman who is 49 and lives within driving distance (reasonably driving distance, I think - less than 500 miles...)

Seventh Note - Match.com woman who is 43 and a former rock star? Anyway, little hope to hear back since I am over her age range - though the rock star thing does encourage me a little that she might find my looks not as off-putting as some others apparently do...

Eighth Note - Match.com - 39 year old woman who "viewed" my profile - I liked a couple pictures a while back and didn't write because she only wanted someone up to 45 - but since she looked, I figured I might as well take the chance...

I don't often do this - but I just had to share - An OKC woman I wrote today got this message from me:

Great profile! Are you from CA originally? How is school going? I liked how you described feeling ageless. I feel that way most of the time, too.

I totally agree that the best relationships are one where people connect on all levels! Do you speak any foreign languages? Have you done much traveling?

I hope this finds you well and happy!

Augustus

She responded:
Good Morning Augustus,

Thank you for your message! I am not originally from Cali......My parents/family are from Italy and I was born in Argentina, so Race: Caucasian: Nationality: Argentinian Ethnicity: Italian.

I speak Castellano....or what we call Spanish. I have only been back to Argentina once, in 1987. I do plan on traveling a lot, soon.

How about you? Where are you originally from? 

Followed by this:
You know what? Forget it dude! The only reason you asked where I am from.....is because you are a racist and are trying to weed out foreigners! Go to hell old man! Did you really think I was interested, just because I answered your message? ahahahahaha

AS IF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Ok. Whatever. I wrote her back a note:
I thought you seemed like an interesting person. I asked where you were from because not everyone was born where they currently live.

I was born in geneva ny. I lived in the sf bay area for ten years. My ex wife was from mainland china. I have traveled to 30+ countries and am about as far from a racist as you are likely to find.

Your profile was intriguing. I actually like the picture of you without makeup a bit more than the other one.

Best of luck in your search!

Augustus 

She wrote:
Hey racist man.....leave me alone, okay? Bye, bye!

I blocked her.

Oh my goodness, me racist? Ha! Whatever.

Moving on...Ok, I still think that is about the most bizarre thing ever...

1 comment:

  1. Ok...so she doesn't work out....the racist thing is bogus....ageism is a better label.

    ReplyDelete