Friday, March 7, 2014

March 6

I closed all the open tabs last night without writing to 10 of the people. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It is a lot of work, crafting even short notes of icebreaking. And I just didn't feel up to it.

That being said, who has three more open tabs? This guy...

Note the first - OKC - 45 85% Match 59% Friend 12% Enemy - lives a bit further than either of us would probably like, but there you are - or rather, there she is...anyway, I dropped her a nice note - we are both in the same boat - taking care of our parents. We shall see - OKC says she responds frequently...

Note the second - OKC - 90% Match 74% Friend 6% Enemy - 37 - not far and I am within her desired age range - hope rears its ugly little head (or is hope a pretty critter? Hmm) - My note was not awesome, but it was serviceable...

Note the third - OKC - 61% Match 71% Friend 22% Enemy - G&G as she doesn't want someone as old as I am - heck, it might not even go through - sometimes people in foreign countries (even Canada) make that a requirement. It went through - not an inspired message.

It isn't that I am impatient. Or maybe it is. Sometimes when I write a note, it is the waiting to hear back that is irksome. I do try to fill my life so that waiting doesn't seem like waiting. But sometimes, even through all of the activities, in the back of my mind I am thinking - is it time to check my mail again yet? Is it? Now? Now? Now?  

Note the fourth - Match - I showed interest in her a while ago she is 43 and lives not far away - only interested in someone up to 50. So, probably G&G on my part - not the best note...

Note the fifth - Match - 47 - in my daily matches - not far, yay - and is definitely seeking someone older. I am older. Not much in her profile...just noticed she wants someone 25 miles away...so, probably G&G. Not a great note... 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment