Thursday, March 13, 2014

March 12

I would love to be surprised by someone actually writing me back. That would be nifty, in fact. I do realize that part of the problem lies in the fact that I write to people who aren't interested in me. But my question is - how do they know? A profile is just a profile after all - and isn't the real person. No chances, no quarter is given - ay matey? Arrr. I feel like making the little hook finger gesture and looking for a parrot on my shoulder.

The first note - POF - 43 year old - not far - calls herself a hippy - so I have a little, wee hope that she might be interested in someone who looks like a hippy (though this hasn't seemed to be the case in the past...). And her profile is written in pidgin English which is a little scary...

The second note - POF - 42 year old - not too distant - very light profile - asked us to ask her. Sigh.

Does it count as a new message if I write to a person I saw on one site and then write to her on another? I don't think it does. Doesn't much matter in any case as she didn't seem all that interested on OKC. I doubt she will be interested on Match!

The third note - Match.com - 44 - near and not far - good profile - nice pictures - not really a great match - and the version I am looking at doesn't tell me her age range or distance range, so, this is probably just for G&G.

Closed a bunch of tabs because the notes would have all been G&Gs and I just didn't feel up to writing them. Instead I wrote a fourth note to a match woman who is 54 and lives within driving distance. I thought it was a nice note. Funny even. Oh, just noticed that she isn't a paying member so I have to write her yahoo account. Sigh.

I also wrote a woman who I had written before but who never wrote me back - even though she said she would. Oh well. I am graciously giving her another chance.

And someone wrote me back! Yay! So I am going to write her back. That'll show her!

Fifth note was to an OK Cupid person who is 50 and lives far away. I found her interesting enough to forget about the distance, but who knows what she will think. The note was decent. (She wrote back and said it was a lovely note!)


No comments:

Post a Comment