Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 17

Interesting thing happened. Last night, after a beer (um), I wrote quite a few unexpurgated, perhaps even vituperative (yes, I went there) thoughts. Notes I would like to write to women - about them and their profiles, about their lack of responses, about reasons they might be alone, etc. Of course, I also reflected a bit and wonder if I shared in their issues and that that was part of the reason I am not in a relationship. Then I went to save the post. It closed ok. When I opened it up again, most of the new stuff had been magically erased. Which is probably a good thing. Doesn't mean I didn't think it or write it. Just means that it probably shouldn't have been written for the masses (so far, only 4 people seem to be consistently reading this blog - so much for stealth blogging)

Sent my first note to one of three women who appeared in my daily match letter from Match.com - all three are in my age range, but they all want men who are only at most 50. Sigh. So, an exercise in grinning and giggling, I guess. Just what I need, notes to hone my message writing skills. The first was 45 and wanted someone only 25 miles away - her profile was really bare bones. I think she was letting her picture do the heavy lifting...

Second note to a woman suggested by match after I sent the first note. She was 50 and also wants someone who is her neighbor. What is up with that? Anyway, I sent her a nice note...

Third note - 49 year old match woman who again, wants someone who is only 50 and lives next door. What is going on here? Nice profile - only one picture, though.

Oh, I was thinking of putting up a picture from each decade that I have lived. Maybe that would be a selling point. I am also thinking of redoing my profiles  - leaving out all mention of my current situation on focusing on funny and full of life. Which I am. Sort of. On a good day. Which happens about once every four months...

Fourth note - 51 year old woman match who wants men who are at most 50. Sigh.

Fifth note - 46 year old match woman who is actually looking for me! At least that's how I interpret her profile...

I closed a couple of tabs and decided not to write one woman on OK Cupid - she lived in Canada and although I have had some people write me back from there - the percentages are even lower with women North of the border.

All I really want to say to all of these women to whom I write and who don't write back is, well, not polite. So I won't write it. But I think it. Vehemently. With prejudice. And soy sauce.

Sometimes, there are people I hope will write back. Those are the ones that cause my heart the most stress. Which isn't a lot, but it isn't nothing...

Match - 49 years old - within our mutual distance desires - Yes, I am taller than she says she wants - but I can slouch, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment