Monday, March 31, 2014

March 30

6 open tabs - two of them are the women who "liked" my pictures - I will start with writing them.

First one - 49 year old match.com living not far away - only one picture and a very short profile - not the best note - but it is easier when I have more to work with.

I wish I had kept track of how many women in their profiles say that they want someone who is funny or humorous (ok, few use that long a word) or can make them laugh. I think all of these are different from someone who is fun. I am certainly funny. How "fun" I am is a more serious question. I don't really think I am all that "fun." Not in general at least...

Second note - 57 year old match woman - looking for someone fun - likes motors - lives near NYC - so definitely G&G.

Third Note - 47 year old match woman not a great distance - she didn't want games so my subject was "No Monopoly?!" - And the note went downhill from there. :)

Fourth note - 46 year old match woman who also lives within fairly easy driving distance - we seem matched on the surface - her profile sounds as if it was written by someone with not a great command of English - though nowhere does it mention that she isn't American. I am guessing she isn't from around here. :) No, I am not being racist. I am being a linguist...

Two notes to p-crushes to whom I have written before and didn't hear back. I don't expect different results. But if I don't try, well, I won't have tried. Right? I thought they were two great notes. I am not going to hold my breath though...much as I would hope that would work and that would cause them to write. I will admit that it has worked once - and that didn't work out as planned. She turned out to be fairly uninteresting after all. Everything happens. :) What a surprise, one of them looked but didn't write. Sigh.

Fifth Note - 37 year old OK Cupid woman - blank profile, no questions answered - looks like she is Russian - though she lives in Dresden, NY (according to OK Cupid) She hasn't been online since Feb 2 - so my guess it is a fake profile. Sigh.

Sixth Note - 53 year old match.com woman - seemed very interesting - she read my message but hasn't bothered to write. Sigh.

I try and try and try not to get excited about people and their profiles. But I find it hard to do that. And when they don't write - which is so close to every time that it bears no mentioning - I just can't help but feel a smidge frustrated.




No comments:

Post a Comment