Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 3

Wow, really? A racist? I can't imagine how she got that impression. She probably didn't - it is probably her fears that pushed that idea into her brain. I ask just about everyone where they are from. It is an easy question to ask and leads to great insights into a person's sense of self (when it is answered - which, as we know, is seldom because most people do not respond to my emails). It occurs to me, maybe most people don't respond to most emails, so I probably shouldn't feel singled out for being not responded to.

Note 1 - Match woman who is 54 and lives within the circle of reasonableness - she says all she is looking for is someone who can put a smile on her face and make her laugh on her worst day. Ha.

Note 2- Match woman who is 54 and is "interested" in me. No picture, which is always a bit of a concern - but what the heck - who knows, right?

Note 3 - OK Cupid is working again - yay? Wrote a women who is 37 and lives an easy distance away. Good percentages - 90% Match 78% Friend 9% Enemy - I get the feeling I may have written her before and she didn't respond then. I don't know. Sigh.

Am I alone (well, yes, obviously, but...) in this opinion - what we think we look like and what we look like to others are not necessarily (and probably infrequently) the same thing. This is a tangential thought, actually, to my current (though I have had it before but probably haven't put it down in this blog) thought - that sometimes I get the feeling when looking through someone's pictures - if they have posted any and more than one - that a certain picture is actually most representative of how that person would look to me in "real" life. That the others are good representations of her sometimes, but that one in particular is most what she really looks like every day. 

Note 4 - p-crush alert! Of course, I am not at all who she is looking for - too old (and smelly) and too far away - but still...84% Match 83% Friend 8% Enemy - not bad percentages - lucid and interesting - well traveled, engaged in the world. G&G obviously...Yes, I gushed a little. Sigh.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment