Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 15

I am going to see how many notes/tabs I can handle in an hour. It is 9 now, by ten, how many? Any guesses?

First note - POF - 42 year old just on the edge of her distance limit - I think this is G&G because she looks very, very conservative - and she rides motorcycles - which in and of itself isn't a bad thing - but it isn't something I do, so...

Second note - POF - 43 not too far - short profile - which gives me not a lot to work with - but I managed a decent note. When there isn't much there, I make use of the handle (the user name) if I can to make the note more interesting. This one ranked about a six on the Augustus note scale.

I was thinking of writing one woman who seemed interesting, until I looked at some of the pictures she had posted - she was looking for the Marlboro man sort - not me by a good measure! So, closed that tab...

Third note - Match - 50 year old - honestly, not all that excited about this note, but she "liked" my profile and that deserves a note, don't you think? And who knows, right? At least that is my philosophy when I write and "like" others. So, turn about is fair play. That is so funny! The woman must have liked one of my pictures or something and didn't read my profile. And then she sent a "no thanks" canned message in response to my nice note. Wow! And Phew!

I commented on a picture of a woman on Match to whom I had sent a message (and surprisingly didn't hear back...) a while ago - the picture was obviously from some St. Patrick's Day event - so I told her about the Town Pants.

Fourth Note - POF - 47 year old woman who put a list of likes and dislikes as her profile - interesting choice - nothing at all about who she was looking for - unless it is someone whose microwave is sparkling clean is an indication of something...

Fifth note - POF - this one is definitely a G&G - I am guessing it is a straight up fake profile - it says she is 43 and then in the body of the message she says she is 34 - her pictures all look as if they were done professionally - like a model - and she is model pretty. Her profile seems a little too pat. She misused "your" (should have been you're). I don't know - and of course, I do not expect an answer...Not the best note - but I am sure it is better than most of the blathering drooling messages the profile is undoubtedly getting...

Closing a tab is not like not responding to an email. There was an initial attraction but upon some contemplation, I decided that I didn't want to write her, for whatever reason. In this particular case, I just got the feeling that I wasn't her type - which doesn't always stop me from writing - but this time it did.

One question I sometimes ask is "Where would you most like to travel?" I think, when it gets answers - which is, obviously, rarely - shows a good insight into the person. If they say Cancun or an island or something - we probably aren't a good match. I will travel to those places, just not top of my list. If they say someplace European, that says one thing. Asian, another. African, a third. South American - well, that's where I want to visit, so, yay!

Sixth note - POF - 46 - Not a long ways away - she says she has crazy hair - I like crazy hair - good length, informative profile. I do worry a bit about people who are looking for "generous" significant others...

Seventh Note - POF - 35 living too far away - definitely G&G. - Well, that solves that - I didn't fit her hidden criteria - probably too old and too far away. Whatever. It was a nice note, too...

Seventh Note - POF - 48 living too far away - I am writing her because she looks like a woman who an acquaintance of mine knows. G&G for sure...

I wrote to a woman who has looked at my profile at least twice. She said she wanted someone who would make her smile - and I had to have done that or she wouldn't have looked at my profile. But she didn't write - so making her smile wasn't enough to warrant a message. Next.

And that's all I wrote - I closed six tabs - three match and three POF - just because I didn't feel like writing them at this time. If they pop back into my radar, maybe I will. But seven in 40 minutes will have to suffice.

I think I would rather find a good pen pal than find people who were icky when I actually met them.

Oops, checked my mail and realized that someone else had also liked my picture - so I sent them a note - does that count as a message to a new person? Kinda, sorta, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment