Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Second Week in Review

14 days of letter writing. Wow. Life really does move quicker as you get older.

In the past week, I have written a lot of emails and received, well, very few responses in return. Let's see - 15 people on Match, 2 on OKC and 9 POF people. And one note on which site I do not recall. That is a hefty number of messages. If my notes are correct, I have only received two or three messages in response. And none of the correspondences came to much more than one message. I would say we are still in the 10% return rate.

A friend mentioned that most of the people I have been writing to are in their 40s - just a comment, but it got me thinking - how does the age thing fall out?

37, 38, 38, 40, 40, 40, 41, 41, 41, 41, 43, 43, 43, 44, 44, 44, 44, 45, 45, 46, 46, 46, 47, 48, 51, 54

And I have been written to by a couple of people in their sixties.

Turns out my friend was quietly suggesting I spread my net further. I thought I was doing that already...Maybe she means that I ought to be looking even older - up to 70? Not that I have an issue with that. I just haven't seen many women online 60 and above that are all that attractive to me. I am sure there are some. But as the age increases, the number of women decreases...

I really need to let go of whether or not I get responses to my messages. It is hard, though. I write and write and write and get very little in the way of response - much less anything in the way of a date or, heck, a relationship. It is especially difficult when, for some reason or other, I get a little emotionally attached to just their profile. Crazy, I know, but there it is.





No comments:

Post a Comment