Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Feb 3

Notes I wrote February 3

The match match I wrote to had looked at my profile. I know I had looked at hers a couple of times. She lives close by, is 40 and seemed interesting enough to warrant an email. So I sent a few lines, nothing too creative or interesting, just an icebreaker really. I am thinking that she won't respond, but time will tell. One woman wrote me back after a month's delay!

The second email I sent was to a woman on OKC with a basically empty profile. She is 37, lives not too far away and is looking for someone in my age range. She requests "near me" as most people do - but never really clear what that is - since the choices for "near" are up to 200 miles away. Sigh.

Ok, wrote to another woman on OKC. She is 47, lives in Montana and had a quirky, interesting, thoughtful and humorous profile. Our match ratings were 66% Match, 73% Friend and 10% enemy. She said she liked people from anywhere - so there is a decent chance she will write back. We shall see. (She wrote back and we have exchanged a few emails so far...)

And another - this one I am just writing for grins and giggles. Very short profile and she is 38. Our match ratings were 60% match, 80% friend and 18% enemy. Not too shabby. The reason it is for G&G is because her upper age range is only 45. She lives pretty close, in the greater scheme of things.  My message basically reflected some thoughts in her profile and asked a question. I like to ask questions when I write messages. Gives the other person something to answer rather than having to think of conversation on their own. Sometimes it works...

Next message - it is fun to have a day away from the Smith - to a woman on Match.com. I am not sure how match matches people. And it isn't clear how matchful one is. Anyway, she was 47 and a grandmother! Not really all that surprising that she is a grandmother - actually that is about right mathematically (20 years per generation) - she just doesn't look like a grandmother. I don't expect a response because I am older than she is looking for (50) and further than she wants (50 miles). But it doesn't hurt me too much to write a note. Her profile was two sentences. A little warning was that she wrote to instead of too...

Quite a busy day, note wise. 

Wrote five and got one response so far. That is above my average "responses received" rate, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment