Friday, February 21, 2014

Feb 20

Still hoping that one of the one note people was not really a won note person. But not holding out a lot of hope for that. We shall, of course, see. (Do I say that a lot? It feels like I say that a lot. I guess it might be one of my phrases - like "Sounds like a plan.")(I know I don't type that a lot, but I know I do say "Sounds like a plan" a lot.)

Again, multiple tabs have somehow found there way into my browser window. By the way, I love the idea of tabs in browser - whoever came up with that idea is a genius! I hope they were well rewarded by their company...

I have a couple of profile observations to make. If a person puts Auto racing/motocross as one of the sports they like, I am guessing we probably won't be a great match. Or if one of the activities they enjoy is 4 wheeling. And most people who are enthusiastic about all things water - they might be appealing to me in lots of other ways, but I am guessing we won't hit it off. This is not to say that I won't write them anyway, and I would be happy to be wrong. It just is a feeling I get and a sense I have from observation...

I think I get a p-crush (profile crush) on one in about twenty profiles. And the p-crush varies in intensity - from a 1 - a slightly more elevated level of interest than in general to a 10 - I lie awake for hours wondering if I should write and what I ought to write and if I wrote how long will it be before she responds and if she doesn't respond in what amount of time should I write again and if so what should I say and please oh please let her at least write me back once and then we can go from there unless she writes me a thank you but no thank you letter and then do I write back anything other than a thank you for at least taking the time to write letter or god has it only been five minutes since I sent that message...

First Note - I am going to break with my normal pattern and start with a note to a p-crush level 3 instead of writing some warm-up notes to others first. OKC woman (I don't know why I keep writing woman since I am not likely at this point in my life to start finding men to be attractive as romantic and sexual partners...) 44 - 87% Match, 78% Friend, 18% enemy - lives a bit farther than is comfortable, but is looking for people anywhere and even my age (and older). Her profile is well fleshed out, interesting, funny and thoughtful. Her pictures are appealing as well. So, here goes nothing...ok, killer first note if I must say so myself. Witty, friendly, showing I really looked at her profile and asking her a few simple to respond to questions, while making it clear that I was actually interested. One red flag is that she said she is available, not single. Not really sure what that means...Fingers crossed!

Three of the people on OKC that I am going to send messages to are just for grins and giggles. I think one of them, at least, is a fake profile. Maybe all three are.

Second Note - OKC woman - 54 - looks 34 in her pictures - no profile text at all - answered no questions so no match percentages - but heck, I don't have a problem going in blind! Leaps of faith - that is what life is all about! Geronimo! My guess is this is a fake profile.

Third Note - OKC Woman - 45 years old - no questions answered so no match percentage - very brief profile that doesn't give much of a clue about who she is - just that she spells armour the British way...I think maybe another fake profile. I actually think I wrote her before, long ago. I guess I will find out.

Fourth Note - OKC Woman - 36 years old - so right at the bottom of my hoped for age range - no questions answered. She does have a decently filled out profile. Red flags are: Her profile picture looks more like a modeling/glam shot than a real picture - she asks for "real" people - and she says that she has a hard time logging in - which I take to mean that if she does write back, she will immediately ask for an email address at which to write - perhaps giving one in exchange. Since I am out of her age range, though, I don't expect to hear back in any case...

The next 3 OKC people are all of interest to me. Not to register on the p-crush scale - but they all seem real and interesting. One of them has too low (for me) a top age desire, but I will write to her anyway - just because I love to waste everyone's time. :)

Fifth Note - OKC Woman 36 years old - I love her handle - I would tell you, but I am trying to maintain a bit of privacy for these people - 80% Match, 65% Friend and 9% enemy - she says she is bisexual - always interesting to me for some reason - and not too far away. And I am within her age range selection. Yay. Decent first note, but not the best effort.

Sixth note - OKC 39 year old woman with the low top age (she wants 40 - I am sure she won't respond positively (more likely she won't respond at all) - Match percentages should trump age requirements - anyway - Match 74%, Friend 55% and Enemy 12% - ok, not fantastic percentages - truthfully, she just appealed. I basically just told her that she appealed and that I didn't expect to hear from her. Next! (She wrote back and said I was sweet - a lot better than nothing!)

Seventh Note - OKC woman - 43 years old - lives too far away for comfort - so I am guessing no letter back - but I liked her profile and pictures and I feel compelled to write - not a p-crush but not chopped liver either. Match 86%, Friend 79%, Enemy 12% (She wrote back and said "Great Message." Then proceeded to write what I thought was a little hurtful - "But I really don't have a need or desire for a long distance acquaintance." Wow. Ouch. Whatever.

Ok, I am just about ready to quit. Not really. It's just so futile feeling at times. I will soldier on. Tomorrow is another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment