Sunday, February 2, 2014

Feb 1

I got on OKC and checked out some profiles. I saw a few that piqued my interest, so I decided I would check them out a little more after I was a little more awake. I like to check profiles twice before I write - just because. I had forgotten that OKC likes to do this thing at the beginning of each month - they change one's search filters to "located anywhere" "Online Now" and some random age setting of their own devising. So it turns out that the first one I liked turned out to live in CA. Now one of my pet peeves about OKC is that they don't automatically do reverse matching - in other words, they don't check to see if I happen to match some of their criteria for who they are looking for. This is good, because I can write to whomever I desire. It is bad, because, sadly, most people I am interested in, aren't looking for me.

This particular woman lived in CA and was looking for some one "near me." But I wrote her anyway. Oh, a little more about her - she was 34 but was looking for people 24-54, so I fit that criterion. And I fit the others as well, except for "near me" bit. OKC says that she replies selectively (not very selectively). She also rated 68% match, 73% Friend and 24% Enemy.

I also wrote to another woman whose match rating was 77% match, 79% friend and 4%. She lived a bit nearer - but probably not near enough to entertain the thought of dating. Three hour drive one way is a longish way unless people are really, really motivated. The thing that made me think that she might not mind that much, is that she said she likes meeting new people. We shall see if anything comes of this message.

So, two messages written February first, despite a really, really full day at work. Yippee!


No comments:

Post a Comment