Friday, February 14, 2014

Feb 13

One of the Match women wrote back last night. She wrote a lovely long message but didn't indicate, to me at least, if she wanted to continue communication or not. She asked no real questions (though one sentence ended in a question mark) and didn't say anything overt about looking forward to getting to know me. Ah well, everyone communicates differently. All I can do is continue onward. So I sent her a note in return. We shall see what happens.

It is early-ish in the morning - time to write a few notes before getting the rest of my day started. I am starting on my "likes" on match.

First note - 39 year old match woman who wants a guy up to 45 (oops) but the distance seems ok. Actually, upon reviewing her profile more, I don't think I will actually write to her.

First note - 45 year old match woman who lives within a mutually acceptable travel distance. I am a smidge older than her desired age range allows, but not horrendously...Not much in her profile but enough to make it clear that she isn't illiterate. Yay for literacy! She says her politics are "middle of the road." Is that code for basically conservative? If so, I doubt I will hear from her. Not my best effort, but not too shoddy either.

I find that I cannot "unlike" someone or their picture. What is that about? Nor can I delete them from my likes on Match.

Second note - 40 year old match woman (only interested up to 48 but she is willing to look further afield than many (100 miles) and she is worth a note. Heck, really, anyone is worth a note but I think you know what I mean...ok, that one was pretty good. I had a mini-inspiration and wrote - I have taken the first step - will you take the second? Ok, seriously, I doubt I will hear from her but I had fun with the note!

Third Note - 44 year old OKC woman who is definitely not "near me" but in whose age range I fit. Her bottom age range is 27, though...following the age in half plus seven rule of thumb, 29 would be ok - better than the woman who put 18 as her bottom age! Eeek! Not that I would go running if a real 18 year old wrote me - but I wouldn't hold out any hopes for a real, meaningful relationship with someone so young. And that is what I am looking for, aren't I? Anyway...not an awesome note but pretty darn good, if I must say so myself. A couple of question marks about her, but aren't there always about anyone anyways? (Wow, that is a lot of a's!)

I just had a little realization (which I might have had before - who knows?) that a crush is really half of "chemistry." Chemistry occurs when both people have a crush on each other at the same time...

Fourth Note - G&G - 43 year old woman looking for someone who is at most 44 and within 50 miles - which I am not - hence the G&G. She just appealed, despite some red flags (like the two above) and that she is currently separated - this can mean so many things. But she says she is "very liberal" so a little bit of hope leaps in my heart...I was going to ask her about some of the things in her profile, but decided it could have easily been taken as an attack instead of the lighthearted curiosity that I was feeling. My guess, I won't hear back.

No comments:

Post a Comment