Monday, February 10, 2014

Feb 9

I was at work all day yesterday so didn't do much in the way of blogging or note writing or note responding. One person I had been corresponding with decided to leave OKC because it was making her feel bad about herself. I offered to still be her friend if she wanted. She didn't want.

Note 1 - Match.com woman who says she is 54 and lives less than 50 miles away. So far, so good since, I am in her desired age range and distance area. In her brief profile, she wrote that she wanted someone who had a few of the same qualities that she possessed - the only one that might be a stretch as far as I am concerned was down-to-earth - though I do think that for the most part I am pretty practical, which is similar, isn't it?

I got a response to one of my recent Match messages. A little surprised that this woman wrote back. Partly because I was older than her age range, partly because, well, honestly, she seemed like she might not be interested in a long-haired guy. Just a feeling I got. Her message, though, wasn't clear, to me, as to whether or not she wanted to get to know me better or not, or was just being polite and responding. I am leaning towards the latter, but will write back in a hopeful and positive manner in a bit. Ok - I wrote back. A good note, if I must say so myself. Now, I wait for a bit. I loooove waiting.

On Match, one of the "features" is the ability to comment on someone's picture - not sure how that works having never received a comment on one of my lovely photos. Maybe it just comes through as an unreferenced message - in which case my comment will make no sense. And does that count as sending a message? I think it will have to - so - Note 2!

Ok, life sometimes isn't fair. I am writing somewhere about crushes. And now, I have three little, let's see, what is a good way to describe this phenomenon - e-crushes is my first thought - though that isn't quite descriptive enough - p-crushes - the p standing for profile. Match sent me a note and three of the women they tossed my way were pretty appealing. So I will have to write to all three. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow. I am writing a lot right now and am not sure I can write letters that will spark enough interest for them to see through my profile to the me that might actually be of interest to them.

Before I get there, though, I do want to say a little something about me and my philosophy of finding a significant other. It is true that I am interested in a lot of people at the same time. Interested being the operative word. Until I am in a Relationship (a committed, romantic relationship) I keep my eyes, ears and heart open to the possibilities that the Universe presents. So, yes, I might be writing to 1 or 17 people at the same time. Until such time that something coalesces into an actual Relationship, I will continue to be interested in as many people as happen to be interesting. Does this make me a bad person? I don't think so. If I have no birds firmly in my gentle grasp, all those birds in the bushes are flapping and chirping and oh so mesmerizing. All I am looking for (ha) is a woman who resonates with me on as many levels as possible, which, if we really look at is, what anyone is looking for. We would like it all, and barring that, we would like as much of whatever as possible. So, until a woman and I have moved from acquaintance-ship to Relationship, I keep on looking. This could cause a problem if I find two or even three women who all are as interested in me as I am in them - but so far, in my 50+ years, this hasn't happened. Yet. Anything is possible - most things are unlikely...

No comments:

Post a Comment