Saturday, February 22, 2014

Feb 21

Maybe I would have more luck if I were in a larger urban area - like Toronto or NY City. When I am on OKC, I get a lot of suggested matches who live in those two places. And I find a lot of them appealing. Unfortunately, I get maybe 3 a month who are within 15 minutes of my house and of them, I only find 1 of 10 appealing. Sigh.

Anyway, my first note was to an OKC woman - 42 - 87% Match, 49% Friend, 13% enemy - who only wants someone up to 46 and who lives near her which I do not. I wrote a great note, if I must say so myself. Really great. She put in some actual crap notes she had received - the two or three word kind - so I started my note with a conglomeration of those. It was funny (at least I hope she thinks so). I have found, though, that most people from the city in which she lives don't respond. What the heck does "near me" mean? I thought it meant - near enough that we can get something started and see where it goes. Though, as I have mentioned before, in reality it means - if it takes more than 15 minutes to reach me, it isn't worth the effort. These people would not have survived life on the Chisholm Trail!

I love flirting. Or as Joni Mitchell says - We love our lovin'. Today there was a new person at work, not someone I am likely to run into again - no, I didn't ask for her number or anything. I might as her friend about her, but...anyway, it was just fun to flirt with someone. Yay!

Second note - 49 year old match woman who lives not far - but hasn't been online in a while. She reminds me of my childhood sweetheart. I dropped her a teeny line, not expecting much.

Third note - 48 year old match woman who lives near-ish - she made me a favorite, so I dropped her a line. Why the heck not? (She wrote me a note back - then commented on one of my pictures - I wrote back, but her profile had been hidden so I don't really know if she found someone or is just overwhelmed or what - haven't heard back again - one and out?)

Fourth Note - 45 year old POF woman in a town not too far away. There is something in her brief profile that makes me think it highly unlikely she will respond. I have been wrong once or twice...

Fifth Note - POF woman who is 40 and lives within 75 miles. That's a nice round distance that POF lets people choose for a dating distance qualifier. She appeared as a recommended person after I wrote my fourth note. Actually a few women were recommended and I am going to write a couple of them. This one, though, did start my p-crush indicator wobbling a little. As always hopeful of a conversation leading to a date leading to a relationship. What has experience taught me, though? And what is one definition of crazy? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Sigh. Am I crazy? At least, though the walls seem similar, I am beating my head against a bunch of different walls. So it is the same thing over and over again? Or am I stepping into a different (yet similar) river every time? Hmm. Anyway, my breath is held...Oh, just a note - since I started up on POF, I have not received one reply.

Sixth Note - POF Woman who is 44 and lives near the previous woman. Maybe they are neighbors. Or friends? Maybe they will fight over who has the right to date me! Hahahahahahaha. Ha.

Ok, there are five more tabbed women. Most of them are G&G - I know that they are too far away or whatever and won't write back. One of them, though, does rank on the p-crush scale. Actually two of them do. I might write them when I get back from the movie tonight. Nope, not going to write them tonight. Tomorrow is another day.

Well, that is a bit sad. A woman I have met once and been corresponding with for a while has said, after even more emails, that she doesn't think she will have time for us to get together again until she finished school - 20 months from now. Her time management skills probably need some honing. I guess I just wasn't a priority for her. Nor was finding someone new to hang out with. Why she was ever on a dating site in the first place is a question to which I will likely never have an answer. Whatever. Her loss.

Her is another observation. Women met in real life just seem to me to automatically be more attractive than women I meet through the internet. I wonder why that is. Yesterday and today, for instance, I met new to me people who were not necessarily more attractive in any way than people I am interested in on the internet, but for some reason they just felt more attractive. Maybe because they are more tangible?

No comments:

Post a Comment