Thursday, February 13, 2014

Feb 12

Another day, another dozen emails. I don't plan on spending much time at the Smith today. All I really need to do is tweak the slide show a bit. So I will spend the day puttering around the house and doing things on the computer. Like waiting for email to magically appear in my inbox. Now, for some people, this would be magic, as they don't write any emails - so expecting some to appear is less likely and more apt to be magic. I, on the other hand, write a lot of messages, so one would think I would get more responses. Ha!


First note - Match woman who is 40. I live within her area of tolerance and am age range! Yay. My one concern is that she says she smokes "occasionally." What does that mean? I wrote a decent first email, I think.

Second note - POF - She is 43 but looks like she is in her twenties from her pictures. I got a conservative leaning vibe, so I doubt I will hear back. I find that conservative leaning people generally don't groove on men with long hair. Anyway, she had a very short profile that didn't have much in the way of pith. But she lives really close. Hope springs...

Third note - Match.com - She says she is 48 but honestly, she could be anywhere from 35 up. Truly one of the most attractive women I have seen online. I wrote her twice a month ago - I think she looked at my profile and opted to not write. But it has been a month - perhaps she has kissed a bunch of frogs and might take the time to re-visit my profile and try me out. Extremely (!!!!!) doubtful. But it really doesn't hurt that much for me to put myself out there again. (Got a response - an official - I don't think we are a match - her loss - in fact the message from match was sweet - it said that "Some people just don't know a good thing")

Fourth note - Match.com - 44 living not too far away - she hasn't been active in 3 weeks - which means that either she has found someone and just not bothered to take her profile down - or has found someone who isn't ideal and is still looking - or maybe her membership lapsed. Who knows? I guess if she doesn't read the message for a week or more, I will know that she really isn't online any more. Although her profile is brief and she is a trying to quit smoker, she does like to play pool!

I think another keyword for conservative leaning women is when they say they are looking for a "professional." I read this to be a business executive type. Eww. I am professional, but not a business executive type. Ick city even.

Fifth note - POF - 46 year old woman who lives within travel distance - she says her education level is high school - and her profile is fairly thin. But heck, I am intrigued, so I will drop her a nice note saying hi and see what happens (or doesn't happen...)

Sixth note - POF - 41 year old woman who lives closer than some and farther away than others - I doubt I will get a response from her because she is looking for "rugged" men. Another word that definitely cannot be used where I am concerned. Fit, sure. But rugged? Nope. Nor am I "athletic." I am not going to ever run a marathon, compete in a triathlon or any of that sort of stuff. But, I am in a writing mood, so here goes...oh, I forgot, she also said "down-to-earth" which I really believe is code for conservative...sigh.

Seventh Note - POF - 40 year old who is definitely not interested in being a cougar - in fact almost her entire profile text was related to that issue. She lives within the optimum triangle. I dropped her a nice line and we will hope that it appeals enough for a positive response.

3 of the people I have written to on POF have checked out my profile but none of them have written. Can't say as I am shocked...

Yup, I am going to say it again, in a different way - why don't they (women I write to) give me a chance? I know it is their stuff, but that is no consolation. I truly believe that I could be in a relationship with most anyone. I have a lot to offer. And I am open to what the universe provides. Sure, I have some things that may make me choose to be in a non-romantic rather than a romantic relationship with a particular person. That being said, I am always open to the opportunity to meet a new person and to get to know them. Why don't others seem to be willing to do the same thing? Life is too short? There are only so many electrons and they can't waste a precious few on me? Waaa. I know that's what this sounds like - 'cause it is. Waaa like a little baby. Please understand, that if I lived on an island and had all I needed in terms of water and food, I would be happy with being on my own. The fact of the matter is, though, that I don't live on an island. There are lots and lots of women around who are not in committed relationships. Aren't there? Can't I find a few who share a mutual attraction?

Eight Note - Match - one of my "likes" popped up after I went through my daily matches - none of whom appealed especially. The woman I just tossed off a quick note to was 41 - only wanted someone who was 50 (though her bottom age was 18!) and I live a little further than her desired 50 miles. Still, I liked her teeny profile, so I wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment