Monday, February 24, 2014

Feb 23

The month is zipping past. Before we know it, Spring will be here. Rutting time.

First note - last night, just before I went to sleep, I got a notice that someone in Baltimore had made me a favorite. That seemed a bit odd to me. When I checked her profile - Match - 37, TDP a "typical" profile - by which I mean there was not a lot of personality there - "I am this this and this - I am looking for this this and this (usually similar thises (I am sure that isn't a word...)" Best friend, blah, blah, blah. Just didn't feel real to me. And she says she wants someone 50 miles from Baltimore. I am not good at math (anymore) but I think Geneva is just a few miles more than 50 from there. Anyway, I wrote a generic - hi, thank you, are you from - note. I will be shocked if her profile doesn't disappear in a day or two. Even more shocked if I actually hear from her.

Second note - I am going fishing today - I have a lot of tabs open on Plenty of Fish. Sadly, most of them will be for G&G. And before someone else points it out - I do know that I write a lot of people who I probably don't appeal to - for whatever reason - age, distance, looks, etc. But if I didn't write them, I wouldn't have anyone to write to. So there. :)~ Anyway, this woman lives in another state, so I doubt I will hear from her - long profile that really showed she had two personalities - in one part she says she has the IQ of a rabbit and then in the next she says she is intelligent. 47 years old.

Third Note - 55 year old who lives not far away POF - she had one of those long lists of things that someone must fit within in order to be able to send her a note - and I passed! Yay!

Fourth Note - 51 but looks 35 in her picture POF - she lives a little far away and had a one line profile. One of the few I have read that says she is funny - usually women say they are looking for someone who can make them laugh. Honestly, I can make just about anyone laugh. In lots of different languages. And even, sometimes, without language. Yes, I speak slapstick...I set her a brief, uninspired message. She had lovely hair...

Fifth Note - definitely grins and giggle - I just liked the picture of her boots and told her so. 43 in another state. POF

Sixth Note - POF - 56 in yet another state - this one I don't get - she put her personal email in her profile text! POF is free, why would she feel the need to put her address out there? Whatever. Profile was very short - what is up with that. It starts with the word, God, though, so I am more than a little wary. - Oh - got the "only users XX" (in this case, nearby) Maybe I will send a message to her email address...yup that's what I did.

Seventh note - 46 year old - another state - she says she doesn't want someone with dependency issues - I am sure taking care of my mom is considered a dependency issue by some. So this is another G&G on POF. (She wrote back on of those ambiguous notes - not asking a question, not saying she would like to get to know me better - and she said she is 51 not 46. Sigh)

Eighth note - 45 on POF - but I get the feeling she might be older. Or conservative - her profile is very short and again, doesn't give a hint at personality - well, maybe a little one - POF has added an ambition quality to their profiles. You can pick from four I think - not ambitious, ambitious, very ambitious, So freaking ambitious you better watch out (ok, I made up the last one). Since I think that ambition (like all things) is best in moderation, someone who says "Very Ambitious" makes me a little concerned. - Oops, only "certain users." Good, actually, I was getting a weird vibe from her.

She did make me think a bit - she said something about if you keep your promises, we will get along just fine. I asked her if saying you will meet at a certain time is a sort of promise. And if so, then being late would be breaking that promise...

Eighth note - 42 on POF - in another state - also a brief profile - her pictures make her look a little sad - I sent her a brief note - not my best effort - but heck, it is my eighth note (ninth, sort of)

Ninth note - 50 on POF - G&G because, well, I got the vibe that she is conservative. I find that many hairstylists are closet conservatives. Maybe not so closeted...

Tenth Note - 41 on POF - G&G because again, I get the conservative vibe and she lives pretty far away while still being in state.

Eleventh Note - 54 - looks 34 - POF - not too far away - says she is giving her current try 100% - does that mean that she writes back to everyone? We shall see.

Twelfth note - 38 Match woman - she hasn't been online in a while, so maybe she has found someone or something - who knows - and she only goes up to 50 - but I am within her travel distance - mostly writing because I liked her earring - yes, definitely a G&G note - There isn't a lot in her profile to riff off of. That has a lot of f's! - Not an awesome note - hard to write a good note to a basically empty profile.

Thirteenth Note - last note for the time being - maybe forever! Ok, that's unlikely. Anyway, I am not sure how this woman came to appear on my radar. But she did - 54 OK Cupid woman - 93% Match 86% Friend 9% Enemy - despite being a vegetarian, I enjoyed her profile very much. Almost on the p-crush meter. 

Fourteenth note - Another random Match woman favorited me. I can't help but think these are not real people. Who knows. I tried chatting with both of them and neither "picked up." So I sent her an email - not expecting much... The other woman who favorited me has already disappeared from the site...

No comments:

Post a Comment