Monday, February 17, 2014

Feb 16

First Note - written to a person with out a picture posted - always a bit of a red-flag - are they particularly shy? Privacy conscious? Two headed? I am always hoping for the last...Anyway, she is 50, on OKC (73% Match, 80% Friend, 17% Enemy) and lives a little far away, but not too far for our dauntless letter writer to drop her a line! (She wrote back already.)

Second Note - I wrote this woman last summer and never heard back - she apparently stopped by my profile recently. She didn't respond to my first message back then and I don't think she will reply to my message this time. But, heck, I have fingers, I shall type. Oh, 47, OKC ( 64% match, 70% friend, 24% enemy and I rated her profile 4 stars (I have never rated anyone's profile 5 stars - though there was one woman I was sorely tempted to give five stars - maybe is she had written back...but I digress) and lives relatively close. And from her profile sounds like someone I would be happy to meet. I went back to check out her %'s and saw the first note I sent back in June. Remarkably similar (which is why I am remarking on it, I guess) to my previous note. Which got no reply. Honestly, I was a little smitten by her and her profile and was more than usually minorly miffed when I didn't hear back. Whatever, I have no control over other people's choices (unless they give it to me...)

Third Note - OKC - 41 (Match 51%, friend 61%, Enemy 30%) written for G&G mostly. I thought her profile had a sense of humor and kept me reading, which is a good thing. She lives not a long way off - I am over her age range (up to 48) - all in all, not expecting a response of "sure, let's get to know each other). My guess, a look at my profile (maybe) and no message at all.

There's another thing that I like about OKC. It keeps track of how many times someone responds (whether this is just the initial response, or what, I don't know - it is their set of algorithms) and then has a little notation about "responds selectively" or "responds often" (boy do I feel a teeny kick in the gonads when someone who responds often doesn't even bother to respond...)


No comments:

Post a Comment