Saturday, February 15, 2014

Feb 14 - Valentine's Day

The woman who wrote back and I wrote back to hasn't responded. Something a friend pointed out, is that not everyone is as "responsive" as I am where email is concerned. For instance, some people are perfectly comfortable waiting a few days (or more) to respond to an email. As I mentioned, one woman waited a month to write after I sent her a message on OKC. True, it was to say that she was interested in someone else and exploring that possible relationship, but still. Which brings me to a thought of mine - that responsiveness (except in "friend" messaging) is directly proportional to interest level. If someone is interested in me, they will respond more actively than if they are not. Unless of course they are playing some sort of game about not appearing too interested. Then, who the heck knows...

I have gotten no responses to any of the messages I sent yesterday (unless noted elsewhere - my brain is tired...).

First note - 41 year old woman on Match - for some reason I favorited her - reading through her profile, I am not sure why. She seems to be more interested in the rugged sort - oh, more about this in a minute. But I am within her age range and distance desire, so...

Trolls vs Elves. This is an observation that is probably just crazy talk. "Trolls" are not attractive to me, but they are attractive to others. "Elves" are more attractive to me. It seems that most women (as do most men, I believe) have a type. They are either more attracted to Elvish sorts or troll-like people. To me, elves are thin and willowy - slender perhaps - long fingered, graceful. Trolls tend to be thicker, more densely built. Elves are resilient. Trolls are sturdy or rugged. So when a woman says she is looking for someone rugged - the image I get is more football player than basketball player or fencer. I think of myself as more elvish, by the way...Oh, and it seems to me that elvish women for some reason like troll-like men. What's that about?

Second note - 38 year old woman who is distancely not right (15 miles?!) and age wise not right (she does as high as 48, which are probably the reasons I didn't write when I first "liked" one of her photos. Oh well. I love her handle, though. And her profile was appealing. And she too has lived on the West Coast. Nothing ventured...And I got a "No Thanks" canned email from her. Maybe I had written to her before - hard to tell since Match wipes out mail and any reference to the mail after 30 days. Oh well. You guessed it, her loss. (Oops, I saw her headline and remembered writing to her a long while ago - her headline was French for unforgettable and I had forgotten her and her lack of response last time. Tee hee.)

Third Note - Plenty of Fish woman - not really going to say much about her - POF has this weird thing - showing people who won't accept a message from "certain" people. At the bottom of a profile it says if someone has some parameters that must be met in order to write them - distance, age, picture in profile, shoe size etc. I check those to make sure that I won't get a "this person is not accepting messages from men who have feet" note. Well, I got one of the "not accepting" messages anyway. Who the heck knows why? Moving on.

An example of what a person might have on POF:
Older than 40
Live in United States
Live within 75 miles.
Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex.
You must have a picture to contact this user.
Must not be looking for Hang Out
Must not be looking for Other Relationship
Must not be looking for Intimate Encounter
Must not do drugs
Must not be married

Fourth Note - 38 year old POF woman who lives in the same state at least. 10 word profile. I guess she is letting her picture speak for her. She wants real and fun. I am about as real as it gets and told her so. But I really am not all that much fun. My guess, no note back.

Fifth Note 43 year old POF woman written to for G&G and I told her as much. I do that sometimes, write to someone I know is not a match - in this case she likes UFC and Investing - not my things at all - but who had a fun, interesting profile or who was particularly physically appealing. Yup, you got it, not expecting a reply of any kind from her.

Sometimes there are days when women just seem particularly attractive. Today was one of those days. I saw at least 6 women in the grocery store who I would have been interested in asking out on aura alone. And one at the Dollar Tree (though she might have been only 17). I was buying mom a helium balloon (isn't it weird that we humans can't make helium?) for Valentine's Day. She loves the floaty balloons. I joked with the cashier that I would give her a balloon, but I didn't know her. I then said I hoped that her sweetie was doing something nice for her. She said that she didn't have a SO. I was very surprised. Maybe she just doesn't want one. That is always possible. Anyway, my weird little mind thinks that I will go back one day and get her a balloon. Heck, generating a smile is worth $1.08 anytime!

Sixth Note - 41 year old Match woman - up to 50 (oops) but near by. I have liked her for a while and I don't recall whether or not I wrote her before. I guess if I have, she too will send me an official "no thanks" note. Whatever. I sent her a decent first letter. (Or maybe second. Damn Match.com!)

No comments:

Post a Comment