Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Feb 17

I haven't been up long, but have already sent a few messages. One was a reply to a message from last night from a conversation that got interrupted. A second was to a woman to whom I had written before - one of the pitterpats from a few days ago - who had looked and chosen not to respond. Well, match seemed to think she looked again, so I wrote again. Still hoping, but not investing too much in it...

I currently have six tabs open with people to whom I am thinking of writing. Half of them are matches in terms of their criteria for age and distance - the other half are "close enough" that I don't feel too terrible (or two crazy) to at least try sending them a note. We shall see if I get to actually writing them...

First note - OKC - 40 years old (what is up with the 40 years "young" thing? Ok, I get it, it is a positive mental attitude thing - still, it is a little irksome to hear - think it all you like, but it really can remain unsaid in most cases)(not that this person said it - I was just thinking about it...) but only wants a guy up to 47 - but was open to a guy anywhere! I hope she doesn't get a lot of messages from Timbuktu! Ratings were 68% Match, 72% friend and 11% enemy - not too shabby. I am guessing there is a 1 in 40 chance that she will send me a nice, receptive message. Is that too pessimistic/realistic of me?

I decided not to write to one of the women I had sitting around in tabs. My main reason for that choice was her focus on God. Please don't get me wrong. A person who has a personal relationship with the divine is fine. It is people who need to tell others about it that makes me a tad bit nervous. God is such a heavily weighted concept and a potentially contentious one, that I would rather see someone who has internal beliefs (and lives them actively) but doesn't flaunt them.

Second Note - Match - 45 year old woman - I am older than her top limit (she only goes to 47) but her profile just appealed way too much to ignore. I liked my note to her - it was about juggling. Right, probably not the wisest move, but oh well, I am a juggler. Sue me.

Third Note - OKC - 47 year old - Match 61%, Friend 64% and Enemy 27% - I am a smidge concerned about the 27% enemy - but looking at the questions, sometimes the ones where we disagree or silly - toilet paper over the top or down the back sorts of things. One never knows. As for my note - not my best effort, but not too shabby. And hopefully better than a lot of guys "Hey there, how are you?" notes.

Fourth note - OKC - 66% Match, 64% Friend, 21% Enemy - 44 year old - but lives really close. I have decided that a top age of 50 means early fifties. :) Anyway, lots of red flags here - but honestly, she lives so close and her pictures were quite appealing - so I wrote despite the red flags. Heck, it isn't like she will actually be interested in respond. First off, she is probably a conservative - she mentioned she was a country girl. I don't know why I equate country people with conservatives - mainly in values, and esthetics. Hey, I have some conservative values - well, more like conservation values. Or is that Conversation? Anyway - just thought it was worth a try. No harm, no foul when she doesn't, er, if she doesn't respond.

I write to people for a variety of reasons. Usually it is because of something in their profile text. And sometimes it is because they are physically attractive. Fourth note today was that reason. Goodness she was appealing.

Does anyone else make snap judgements about someone just by looking at them? Sometimes I look at a person and think - oh, she's picked some bad partners in her life and will sadly probably continue to do so. She isn't a happy camper. Oh boy, I bet she laughs a lot and has a great attitude! That sort of thing? Sometimes I think I can tell a person who smokes just by looks...

The more I think about the fourth note person, the surer I am that she would never, ever write back. Not in a million years.

Oh, I asked a friend to play matchmaker for me. I would love to be matched by a friend with someone - even if it didn't work out. Sadly, all of her friends are either in solid relationships or aren't interested in dating. It was worth a try.

It is one of those days - one where women are looking particularly attractive. We were at the doctor's office and three women appealed - one from the other day was now in a different job - I discovered her name. Yay. And two new-to-me people working reception were both appealing. Sadly, I am not the guy who says, hey, would you like to get a coffee or something? I don't know why I am not that guy, but so far, in my 52 years on the planet, I don't think I have ever been that precipitous. I just wish that mom were sick (ok, no I don't) so that we could go in there more often. Instead, I will sigh softly to myself and go on as I was going on...

Fifth Note - Match - 50 year old within driving distance - I have written her before and she didn't write back - but she appeared in my match.com page for some reason or other. And she still appeals. Though if at first she didn't write, she probably won't write this time either. I never did understand the try, try again, thing. It certainly hasn't seem to work on dating sites...

Sixth Note - OKC - 43 year old, 79% Match, 79% friend, 13 percent Enemy - another one that has gotten my heart beating a little more than usual. She lives further away than near to me - but darn it, I really liked her profile. Fingers spring eternally crossed or something like that. Ok, she looked at my profile but hasn't set a message (ten minutes at least). I have been answering questions and have upped out match and friend percentages to 85, 81 and 12...If I don't hear from her tonight, I will write her again. Yes, I am that e-smitten. Well, she went offline and didn't send me a message. I will wait until some point tomorrow and send her another note. I am actually dumbfounded that she didn't write back. That happens to me sometimes, being dumbfounded...We are up to 85%, 84%, 12%

Seventh Note - OKS - 47 year old who lives a little far away - and smokes - but she looked at my profile and hers was nothing if not intriguing. So I sent her a note. (She wrote back. See, it does happen...)

No comments:

Post a Comment